This project was inspired by the need to keep San Diego’s waters clean and enjoyable for both people and nature. For that reason, the funds raised will go to San Diego Coastkeeper. Below is some information about that organization.
San Diego Coastkeeper protects and restores fishable, swimmable and drinkable waters in San Diego County.
Swimmable, fishable and drinkable waters throughout San Diego County.
In striving to achieve our mission, San Diego Coastkeeper seeks always (in all ways) to be:
- Impactful: Addressing the root issues affecting our inland and coastal waters with a solutions-oriented approach that recognizes the connections between people and the natural world
- Thoughtful: Basing our decisions and actions on the best available scientific, legal and public policy rationale, while being respectful of those who disagree with our views
- Courageous: Being a zealous advocate for those positions we believe are right and necessary, even when unpopular
- Transparent: Providing the public with the rationale for our decisions and actions in a straightforward fashion to help raise the level of public discourse about the important issues in which we engage
- Innovative: Harnessing the power of San Diego’s high tech and academic communities to develop and implement novel solutions to environmental problems
- Collaborative: Engaging broad-based coalitions in our work to enhance effectiveness while empowering local communities to steward our shared environment
- Passionate: Caring about the work we do and the waters we protect, ensuring that generations to come will be able to better enjoy the region’s resources
- Exemplary: Serving as role models for protecting the environment in both our personal and professional lives